Welcome to Contest of Champions (CoC) Podcast, Episode #13! CoC is an interactive player vs. player game where your favorite Marvel characters go head to head to answer the eternal question of "who can beat whom in a fight?"
Join Jeff Jackson and Ian Johnson every week as they welcome two team managers who have a stable of five characters each ready to blast, zap, snikt, thwip, and smash their way to be the last one standing! It's a little bit fan fiction, a little bit debate, a little bit role playing, and a whole bunch of fun! It's an interactive adventure for the managers, and for the ComicAttack.net community.
This week, we're joined by Eli Anthony & Tom McNeely!
First, we want to remind you, if you are a comic artist, and you would like to provide a sketch or drawing of the characters battling this week, please send a link to your sketch to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to spotlight your stuff!
Next, on this episode we shared our weekly Fights of the Week!
Tom went back to Batman & Robin #2 by Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason where Damian takes his frustrations out on some dummies and a poor bat, and also talks about Aquaman #1 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis.
Eli pulls out a trade from last year with Taskmaster by Fred Van Lente & Jefte Palo, which has Taskmaster taking a bunch agents from various organizations to school and giving them failing grades!
Jeff actually gives X-Men #20 by Victor Gischler & Will Conrad a good grade because of the War Machine vs. Colossus fight!
Ian likes the new direction taken in Avengers Academy #21 by Christos Gage & Sean Chen, especially when Mettle punches Luke Cage, which everyone can enjoy.
This week is one of the most awesome battles ever showcased in CoC history! Two of the Annihilators go toe-to-toe!
You can click on the images to find out the characters' power sets and history.
Beta Ray Bill
Managed by Eli Anthony
Managed by Tom McNeely
at Johnston Atoll (Abandoned Military Base)
Here are the rules for the managers, check 'em out.
Here's how CoC works for you folks at home:
1. Listen to the podcast.
2. Come back here to Comicattack.net to this very post. Share your opinion, comment below, and help sway the public opinion. Even comments provided by the Comicattack.net fans will be considered by Jeff & Ian in their decisions.
3. VOTE on the poll below! You have until Sunday night, November 13 at 9:00pm EST to vote. That's when we record the show. Votes at the time of recording will be the only ones that will count.
4. E-mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail or text at 706 761-0115 with your questions, comments, or rationales. You WILL make it on the show!
5. Listen to the next episode to see who wins! The winner will be announced during the show.
6. One small disclaimer: This is all subjective. Have fun with it and if your favorite character doesn't win, laugh it off and keep on listening!
Don't forget to leave us an iTunes Review by clicking here. Follow us on Twitter @CoCComicattack, or Like us on Facebook.
To listen to previous episodes and battles, visit this link.
Next week: Dan Briand vs. Tom McNeely!
This week's music is brought to you by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Power of Equality.